June 30, 2020 @ 4:00PM — 5:00PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
This year, we invite you to relax, get comfortable, and support Transitions by staying home and purchasing one or more “seats” at a very special virtual table... because the need to feed and help homeless men and women work towards a better future cannot be “tabled” until this pandemic is over. Scroll down to learn more!
Each $150 seat purchased will:
• Fund 25 days of meals for one homeless person in our community.
• Enter you into a drawing, with the chance of winning one of many unique culinary experiences.
100% of all funds raised will go to Transitions.Your support will enable Transitions to:
• assist 350 men and women daily
• help another estimated 375 people move out of homelessness and into permanent housing this year
Chefs’ Feast Prizes:
- Dinner for 8 prepared and served in your home by Hugh Acheson (Athens, and Atlanta GA; Food & Wine Magazine’s “Best New Chef” 2002; James Beard Award winner 2012). (Note: There will be three of these incredible dinners, so you have three chances to win this unique experience for you and a few lucky friends!)
- Dining experience for 10 compliments of Kevin Goldsmith (Transitions board member; owner of Takosushi). Learn the art of sushi rolling and then enjoy an amazing dinner in your own home (sake included).
- Dinner for 8 with Todd Schafer: Chef and Owner of Abel Brown Southern Kitchen and Oyster Bar, Augusta, GA. Chef Todd will welcome you and 7 of your friends to his restaurant in Augusta, for a wonderful evening featuring 5 courses, each with wine pairings. (Graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, Chef Todd apprenticed at the Cloister in Sea Island, GA and worked at Ciboulette in Atlanta, Provence in Washington, D.C., and at Pinot Blanc in Napa Valley. In 1999 he returned to his hometown of Augusta, GA where he opened Bistro 491 and then introduced his latest concept, Abel Brown in 2014.)
- Dinner for 12, prepared in your home, by the renowned catering team of Vinnie Livoti (Director of Food Services for BCBSSC) and Chef Lawrence Wright (previously the Executive Chef at Villa Tronco.)
- $240 gift card for a seating of six people at The Thirsty Fellow. (Does not include gratuity.)
- John Militello, chef/owner of Let's Cook Columbia, will host 2 lucky winners at one of the upcoming cooking classes or demonstrations at his kitchen on Assembly Street. (Bring you favorite beverage to enjoy during the dinner.)
- Dinner for 6 at the Grand where you will also have the chance to meet award-winning Executive Chef Mike Ellis. (Alcohol not included).
The drawing will be held on June 30, 2020 Live streamed on YouTube featuring messages from some special guests.
Tax ID#: 20-3524141
Presenting Sponsor – Synovus® the bank of here
Thank you to our sponsors: Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina, Elliott Davis, Professional Printers, and Nelson Mullins
Limit one prize per person or company.
In-home dinners are subject to geographic limitations. Winners located outside the geographic parameters set by the chef/donor, will be offered alternatives.